Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Jumping into the deep end ...

well not really. I guess this would be my first post of what I guess would be my first blog. My friend said it'll be a good way keep track of my life. Keep track of what? Keeping track of my progress while I aspire to become a designer.

Where to start? I guess I should say a little about myself. Although I always feel a little weird talking about myself. It feels so ... well I guess ... narcissist. I'm an aspiring car design student living, studying, and working in Tokyo, Japan right now. I just recently finished my first year at school and soon to be entering my second. I was studying graphic design in Vancouver for two years, but I felt like university was like high-school again. Having to take courses that didn't interest me and not focusing on design. So I quit and I just worked a part-time job selling home theatre systems when I decided out of the blue that I wanted to go to Japan for a year and wing it. During that first year in Japan I found a school in Tokyo that focuses on car design and I thought I would take my chance on it. I've always loved cars and motorcycles and I've always liked drawing and sketching so I thought, "Hey! 1 + 1 = 2, so why not?". When I first started school last year, I've never studied art classically or theoretically. I never even shaved a pencil with a knife before. To make this long story SHORT, I realized I need to be able to draw everything to become a good designer. All the designers(Product, Graphic, Game, Everything!) I admire have classical training and I'm pretty sure they can draw anything. So I hope to update my blog with my progress and what not.

Feel free to give me some constructive criticisms and comments on my work! The best of luck to all of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment