Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Animals in Competitive sport.

Recently I've been buying books from this one blog that reviews a lot of art books called http://parkablogs.com/ . I think the reviews are pretty good and the best part of the reviews is that he includes a video where he(at least I think he's a he. I haven't checked out the profile yet. Oops!) flips through the book. It's nice to see what the book is like inside before you buy it. Everyone selling books online should do this!

So on his site he started a contest, http://parkablogs.com/content/drawing-contest-1-animals-competitive-sports where you submit a drawing where an animal participates in a competitive sport. I think this would be good motivation for me to draw something different and work with photoshop. There's two prizes to be won. One for a winner chosen by judges and one by voters. It'll be nice to add another art book to the collection.

So here's what I've been working on. Half-way through I realised ... it's not really fun, but since I don't have much time so I'm just gonna go for it. It's a gorilla sitting in the corner of a boxing ring. Tell me what you think.



ALso my friend, Reed, came over today and we have did some idea sketches for this competition and for reasons unknown I drew a mouse holding up a Elephant with a knife. I thought it was kind of cute.

I just realised almost all the photos I've uploaded are drawings that aren't finished yet. I need to fix that before it becomes a bad habit!

Anyway, wish me luck on the contest!

No comments:

Post a Comment